Itay Parness, General Manager
Outdoor solar lighting works on a simple principle—charge batteries during the day and use the power at night for illumination. One of the biggest challenge solar light manufacturers are facing, is how to use the battery power during the night. Make the light very bright with short duration (especially on cloudy days), or go with a softer illumination that last longer. This tradeoff is even more challenging due to safety concerns. Addressing this challenge is Gama Sonic, a company with over two decades of experience in the solar lighting market. Gama Sonic’s GS Solar Light Bulb is a brandnew patent technology that combines a conventional light bulb design with outdoor solar lamps and posts. Another technology is Gama Sonic’s patented cone reflector which expands multidirectional light dispersal from the LEDs in the solar light fixtures to ensure their performance is as close as possible to the traditional AC lighting. The company ensures that every hour of direct sun on the fixture’s panels will provide about 1.5 hours of light at night. “This unique combination blasts a warm and inviting blanket of light across an area from dusk to dawn. For you, that means a brighter, safer home or business environment when you need it most,” remarks Itay Parness, General Manager, Gama Sonic.
The company took the standard incandescent bulb structure and integrated LED bulbs inside it that mimics the filament wire. Such a positioning creates a full blanket of illumination similar to a 360-degree (omni-directional) light spread of an incandescent bulb. The GS Solar LED light bulb is available in both warm white or bright white temperatures. Over 100 innovative solar lighting products that the company develops—from decorative accent lighting for paths and gardens to full-sized, energy-efficient solar lights.
The bulbs can be installed in Gama Sonic’s light fixtures or lamp posts.
Gama Sonic believes that a technologically advanced product does not mean much without visual aesthetics. As a result, the company designs outdoor lighting products that are elegant, tasteful, and eye-catching. For instance, the company has a traditional line of products that replicate 19th-century street lamps’ classic style. Gama Sonic stays ahead of the design curve by creating and testing products that fit a wide variety of residential and commercial décor. “From the simple to the sophisticated, we have your style needs covered,” beams Parness.
About 80 percent of the company’s outdoor lighting product portfolio is for residential purposes and is popular among homeowners and neighborhood associations. The rest 20 percent products are part of Gama Sonic’s fastest growing segment, the semi-commercial pedestrian lighting that are popular with park administration services, developers, and commercial property management. “We are the world leader in solar lighting for homes, businesses and outdoor spaces— with thousands of products installed worldwide,” remarks Parness. Gama Sonic distributes products globally.
All GamaSonic’s outdoor lighting products come with two year warranty. They are easy to install as the wiring is not required. The products are designed to work in outdoor environments, will withstand harsh weather and have an expected 10-year operational life. If customers have any questions, concerns, or comments before or after purchasing Gama Sonic products, the company’s customer support team in Atlanta is on standby to provide quick responses and resolution to all its current and future customers.
Besides its outdoor lighting products, the company is also developing unique solar panels for light fixtures. Gama Sonic’s innovative solar panels can be easily integrated into the their products in order to maximize the solar cells real estate, further helps enhance the performance of the company’s lighting products.
Founded in 1985 as a developer and producer of emergency lights and other electronics, Gama Sonic, a family-owned business run by Parness, his wife, and father-in-law, has come a long way to become what it is today. Gama Sonic aspires to brighten the world with solar powered alternatives to traditional lighting, protect the planet’s future using the most abundant natural resource, and make homes, neighborhoods, and businesses safer and more beautiful than ever before.